Work with us!
Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper (Freelance)
Hours: Approximately 7 hours / 1 day per week (although this can be split over a few days if required)
Location: PPHQ London with option to work from home
Reports to: Creative Director + Editor
Fee: Please include your day rate on application
This freelance role entails assisting our UK-based Creative Director and Editor in keeping on top of our UK accounts. We would love someone with experience in bookkeeping and in using Xero and Dext. Receipts will need to be filed and assigned to the correct accounts, invoices uploaded correctly and bills approved! There will also be VAT returns to manage, and digital and EU taxes. We would love transactions to be reconciled and as up to date as possible; you will work closely with your manager and with the team to make sure everything is accurate.
We are a relaxed and caring work environment. If you have an interest in and knowledge of knitting then that’s a bonus but it’s not a requirement for this role. If you are London based and able to come into the office from time to time that would be lovely, but this role can be conducted remotely if needed.
This job will include:
- Processing receipts and expenses from staff members, ensuring they are logged accurately.
- Uploading bills to Dext.
- Approving invoices and bills in Xero.
- Reconciling transactions in Xero.
- Uploading monthly PayPal data to Xero.
- Ensuring all UK accounts are up to date and that your manager is kept up to date too!
- Using Slack to communicate with your team members on your work day(s).
- Keeping track of VAT and uploading our VAT data for returns. This will include EU digital VAT via MOSS and EU VAT via IOSS, as well as regular quarterly VAT returns. .
- Inputting book sales data and creating and sending out quarterly royalty remittances.
- Communicating with our accountants, providing them with any information they need and keeping them up to date where necessary.
Download full job description
As well as uploading a CV, you should tell us how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description, and why you want to work with Pom Pom.
Applications close 21st March 2022.
Successful applicants will be notified via email by 1st April 2022.