1. Loop your working yarn around your thumb and grasp it as shown. Your right needle goes under the yarn closest to you, in the direction shown by the arrow.
2. Your yarn will now be looped over the needle, as shown.
3. Drop the yarn from your thumb so that it’s now sitting on your needle, as shown. You can tighten your stitch by pulling the yarn in the direction indicated by the arrow.
4. Your new stitch should be snug on the needle as shown, but not too tight.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 until you have created the required number of new stitches.