Cabling Without A Cable Needle: Right-Leaning
1. With yarn in front, slip the first two stitches on the left needle to the right needle.
2. Knit the next two stitches on the left needle. The cable will be worked over these four stitches.
3. Insert left needle into the back of the two slipped stitches.
4. Holding your thumb in front of the first two stitches on the right needle and pressing them against the left needle, slip all four stitches off the right needle. The two slipped stitches remain on the left needle.
5. Slip the two loose stitches you have been holding against the left needle onto the right needle.
6. Knit the first two stitches on the left needle. The stitches are now arranged into a right-leaning cable.